Chimneys become dirty due to creosote which accumulates over time. The residue is flammable and causes a danger in the home. The good thing is that you can get a quality chimney cleaning ct and inspection services in Connecticut.
The best time to do the chimney inspection is when you are not using it much. This allows enough time to timetable complete repairs and chimney sweep.
The following are important consideration when getting someone to assist with chimney cleaning:
- You can get a reliable chimney sweep from the telephone directory or from referral from friends. There is also a listing at the National Chimney Sweep Guild
- Do not engage chimney sweep profession who show up unannounced at your door. These individuals are likely to be frauds
- You need to register for home improvement when conducting repairs of the liner and chimney cap. The same also applies for the mortar replacement. However, chimney sweeping is not considered part of home improvement
- A qualified specialist will also be certified by CSIA and be a member of the NCSG. These organisations regulate the number of professionals, and examine and train the professional
What to Consider During a Chimney Sweep
You can get great cleaning services of for chimney and repair service in Connecticut at a cost of about $150. An established consultant will use lights and cameras on the chimney to get a closer look and record the before and after picture. The first critical point is to consent to specific services that you want.
The cleaning process should comprise of the following activities:
- Repair of damaged brick
- Sweeping the firebox
- Fixing the mortar
- Loosening the damper
- Repairing the damper
- Clearing the air-way
- Repairing any cracks
- Removing the creosote deposits
Any repairs or replacement requires approval from the local building officials and permits for the work.
Chimney Repair and Chimney Sweep CT
Chimney repair is more than sweeping and cleaning. The individuals who engage in repairs should be registered as home improvement workers in Connecticut. The same person who does the cleaning can also engage in repairs if they have the necessary papers.
However, the sure way to identify contractors who are authentic is to check their registration with the Department of Consumer Protection which issues a Connecticut home improvement registration certificate. The salespeople will also have a certificate with them. You can verify the owner of the certificate through checking their identification documents.
If you have any doubts, you can also reach out to the Department of Consumer Protection to confirm the validity of the certificate, and establish if there are any complaints about the contractor. You can also check the legitimacy of the certificate online.
How to Evade Deception
Do not make a rush decision while hiring a contractor, and you should be sceptical of anyone who rushes you into this decision. There are those who pose as home improvement professionals in order to swindle the home owner.
There are also those who use ridiculous discounts to entice you into contracting them. Most of these offers are false and come from fraudulent contractors. In addition, there are those that call you from nowhere and ask for repair work just to get into your house.
In addition, you should watch-out for those who use fake assessment images to deceive you that your chimney is in bad shape and needs repair, when the photos are not even of your house.